Netflix is the best platform for chilling out with friends and family. It provides the best content and used by millions of users around the world.
Some of them get lots of errors while using Netflix, No matter which streaming device they are using.
Netflix error 1.20 and 1.50 usually occurs on android phones and tablets. It usually indicates the data that is stored on the device to be refreshed. If you get the Netflix error 1.20 and Netflix error 1.50, you’ll see a message like this:
“There was a problem playing the video. (1.20)”
“There is a problem playing the video. Please try again. (1.50.429)”
We faced Netflix error 1.20 so many times, so before going to the solution, we must need to know why such an error occurs.
What Causes Netflix Error 1.20 and 1.50?
- Cache data: Sometimes cached data is the thing behind this error because Netflix stores scripts, images, and other media files on your device. There are more chances that the cached data on your device might be causing the issue by interfering with the service.
- Netflix App data is corrupted: Usually, Netflix error 1.20 indicates that your device has an issue with the Netflix app, or the data stored by the app has been corrupted.
Now you have a basic understanding of why Netflix error 1.20 and 1.50 occurs.
Below are some solutions to the error ‘There is a problem playing the video. Please try again. (1.20)‘ & ‘There is a problem playing the video. Please try again. (1.50.429)’.
Fix 1: Restarting Your Streaming Device
Sometimes the Netflix error 1.20 caused by your streaming device. There may be a bug or some loading problem that could prevent it from connecting to the internet, so we recommend that you try these steps:
- Unplug your device from power for at least 5-10 minutes.
- plug in your streaming device and see if Netflix works.
Fix 2: Clear the Netflix app data
Netflix stores some require files in the app data cache and sometimes this data gets corrupted and we get this error. Clearing the Netflix cache will fix lots of Netflix errors.
Follow the below steps to clear the app cache:
Note:- Clearing app data will delete any titles you have downloaded to the device.
- Navigate settings on your device and select the app.
- Select the app manager.
- Tap on the Netflix app and select “Clear Data” to clear the cache.
Try to Stream the video again to see your error is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Reset or Sign out of Netflix.
Sometimes signing out of Netflix, and then signing back in, is sufficient to refresh your data and clear this error. There is no option for certain devices to sign out of Netflix.
Instead, you can reset your Netflix settings with these devices. This updates the data and enables you to sign in back.
Follow these steps to sign out of Netflix:
- After Sign in to the main admin
- Tap on the More icon and choose Accounts.
- Scroll down under Settings
- Tap sign out of all devices.
Fix 4: Reinstall Your Netflix App
The old version of the Netflix app produces many errors compared to the current version of the app. So delete the Netflix app and download the current version from the play store.
- Search for Netflix app
- Tap & hold on the App
- Click on Uninstall
- Open Play Store and search for Netflix
- Tab on Install button
Now sign in to your Netflix Account and try to stream any video. I hope your error gets fixed.
So these are some methods to solve this error. I hope the above fixes were useful and the Netflix error 1.20 and Netflix error 1.50 problem gets fixed.
If you still having any problems fixing this error you can contact me in the comments section. I will surely help you to fix this error.
Let me know if you get rid of this error from some other working methods. I will surely ad your solution to the above list.