Sometimes Netflix produces so many error codes including Netflix error 5.7 and lots of users even don’t know how to get rid of this error code.
If you really want to encounter this Netflix error code you must follow some troubleshooting steps.
The Netflix error 5.7 mostly occurs on android devices and tablets. You get this message when this error code appears on your device:
‘There is a problem playing the video. (5.7)’
Netflix error 5.7 generally means that your device needs to be refreshed properly.
Some users worldwide face Netflix error 5.7 on regular basis, So before going to the solutions we must know why such error occurs.
What Causes the Netflix Error 5.7?
So, what does Netflix 5.7 mean?
The Netflix error code 5.7 is the most common error among android phone or tablet users. So, when you get this error you don’t even know what to do next.
The causes of this error are not specified yet but the number of things that could be the cause of the error code 5.7, which are:
- Maybe you’re using your Netflix account for so long and your device and account need to be refreshed.
- As it turns out, a server problem might be responsible for this problem. If this scenario applies to you, the only thing you can do is figure out what’s wrong with the server and wait for Netflix to repair it because it’s out of your hands.
- The most common cause of this Netflix error 5.7 is you are searching too much stuff on your Netflix App.
So, above are every single reason why you’re getting error code 5.7- ‘There is a problem playing the video. (5.7)’. Now, you know all the causes behind this error code.
Here are some troubleshooting steps to fix Netflix error 5.7 :
How to Fix Netflix Error 5.7?
These are some fixes you can apply to fix Netflix error 5.7 android.
- Force stop the Netflix app
- Restart your device
- Check server status of Netflix
Let’s get each in detail of these solutions.
Here’s the video tutorial:-
Fix 1: Force Stop the Netflix App
When you see this problem, the first thing you should do is force close the Netflix app. Netflix error 5.7 may be fixed with this easy action.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Tab on the Overview
- Swipe up or down until you see the Netflix app
- Swipe right or left to close the Netflix app.
- Go to the home screen and try to open Netflix again
If the error still appears, then also try the below-mentioned solutions.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
Many Netflix errors, including error code 5.7, can be resolved by restarting your device. Simply turn off your streaming device for 5-10 minutes before resuming it and returning to the Netflix website.
You can follow these steps for restarting process:
- By tapping the power button on your Android phone or tablet, you may turn it off.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your device
- Press the power button again to turn on your device
- Try to reach Netflix again
Fix 3: Clear Netflix Data
To avoid these types of Netflix errors you have to clear the app data in a specific time period. Netflix stored some require files in the app data cache and sometimes this data gets corrupted and you get this error.
So, you need to clear the Netflix app data to fix the Netflix error 5.7 android:
- Go to the Settings of your device and navigate App
- Select the App manager
- Tap on the Netflix app and select “Clear Data” or “Clear Cache” to clear the cache.
Now, try to reach Netflix again after clearing the Netflix cache. Hopefully, your Netflix error 5.7 will be fixed.
Fix 4: Check Server Status of Netflix
After doing all these solutions, you must check the Netflix service is not currently experiencing a server outage that might end up affecting playback on your device.
Fortunately, by viewing the official Netflix status website, you can simply check for this and verify whether they report any problems at this time.
If you presently have a server issue on the Netflix status page, you may click Start Live Chat and ask a supporting agent to know if the current problem can affect the streaming of the devices in your region.
If the research you completed recently showed a server issue, you can only wait till Netflix solves the problem.
So, these are some working solutions for the error code 5.7 Netflix. You can also check your internet connection or if you’re using any VPN, Proxy, then remove that and try to reach Netflix again.
Furthermore, you can use another internet connection for a while and see if the network problem is only associated with your previous internet connection.
I hope your error gets fixed. Let me know if you get rid of this error from some other working methods. I will surely ad your solution to the above list.