Netflix users faced the Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 once in a whole subscription.
This error code NW-2-5 occurs when there’s a connection issue with your internet and that’s why you are unable to reach Netflix services. Mainly Xbox, PS4, and smart TV users are affected by the NW-2-5 error.
Most users report that Netflix is not an issue on all devices, but only on a certain device in their homes. Such a Netflix error can be frustrating because the problem can not be identified and solved when the streaming service cannot be opened.
What is Netflix Error Code NW-2-5?
The Netflix error code NW-2-5 signals a network connectivity problem, which means your device is unable to connect to the Netflix service. This is a typical and difficult Netflix problem to diagnose and resolve.
It indicates that your device is either not connected to the internet or that something is preventing it from connecting to Netflix.
When your device encounters Netflix error code NW-2-5, it will generally display the following message on the screen:
Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds.
The error code NW-2-5 can appear on most Netflix-enabled devices, including gaming consoles, streaming devices such as Roku, Blu-ray players, and smart televisions.
What Causes the Netflix Error Code NW-2-5?
The error code NW-2-5 occurs on many different devices including PlayStation, Xbox 360/One, Wii U, smart TV, and Blu-Ray Player among others. In most cases, network issue is the main problem behind this error code.
So, before going to the solution we must know what causes the error code NW-2-5.
- Maybe streaming online content is blocked on your network. Some colleges and institutional WiFi block online streaming, so you’re not able to access Netflix and getting the error code NW-2-5.
- Another cause of the error code NW-2-5 can be your network connectivity issue. In such a case, you will have to restart your home network and try Netflix again.
- Maybe you’re using VPN, Proxy network while accessing Netflix.
This error is mainly occurred by the above-mentioned causes. This error has occurred on many devices, so there may also more causes that will finish on error code NW-2-5.
How To Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5?
When you get this error on any device, apply these solutions to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5:
- Check your Internet Connection
- Restart your Device
- Check your DNS settings
- Use an Ethernet Connection
- Contact your Internet Service Provider
Let’s get into the details of each solution.
Also Read:- How To Fix Netflix Error 5.10 | Netflix Root Fix
Fix 1: Check your Internet Connection
You should first check internet connectivity if the Netflix Error NW-2-5 error code appears during the streaming of Netflix. This is because this disturbing error causes an Internet connection problem, preventing your device from accessing the Netflix server.
If you stream from University, Hotel, or Business place, There are lots of chances that the network administrator may have disabled access to streaming services.
So first check your internet connection on whatever device you are using.
Fix 2: Restart Your Devices
You need to restart your device to fix the Netflix Error code NW-2-5. If they are separate devices, shut down both your router and modem. You may also need to unplug them to fix the problem completely.
Fix 3: Check Your DNS settings
You can check DNS settings on some devices. It helps some users to fix the Netflix Error NW-2-5. There are some chances you’re dealing with a DNS (Domain Name Address) inconsistency that is affecting the streaming job.
You can also change your DNS settings by Google default DNS settings to fix this error code.
Note: In the great majority of situations impacted customers claimed that they were able to resolve the problem by updating the DNS to Google’s settings.
But please remember that the procedures of changing the default DNS are vary depending on the platform you are using for the error code NW-2-5. I’m going to show you how you can change your DNS settings on your PC.
- Open up a Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R. Next, type ‘ncpa.cpl‘ and hit Enter to open up the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on Wi-Fi (Whatever connection you’re using) and pick Properties from the context menu of the Network Connections panel. Instead, right-click on Ethernet (Local Area Connection) when you are using a wireless connection.
- Navigate to the network tab at the Ethernet or Wi-Fi window, and find the section called This connection uses the following items. Check the Internet Protocol version 4 box (TCP/IPv4) when you arrive, then click the Properties button.
- Once you’re inside the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) settings, click on the General tab, enable the box associated with Use the following DNS server address.
- On the next page, substitute the following values for Prefixed DNS and Alternate DNS server:
- Save the modifications to enforce the new DNS and restart your machine to check if the problem is addressed at the next startup computer.
You will have to skip this step if you can not check the DNS settings on your device.
Fix 4: Use an Ethernet Connection
You should try to connect directly to the modem if you are using a wireless router connected to a modem. You need an Ethernet cable to do this. If this helps to reach Netflix, the problem is with your router.
The following steps are taken to verify:
- Switch off the device you use.
- Connect the device to the modem directly with the Ethernet cable.
- Unplug the modem and plug it back in for at least 30 seconds.
- Turn it on and try to get back to Netflix.
When the router is identified as the cause of Netflix Error code NW-2-5, you have two options available – either bypassing the router to re-configure router and DNS settings.
Fix 5: Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If none of the above-mentioned fixes works for you, then you need to contact your internet service provider in order to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5.
They will send a person or reboot your internet connection that may surely fix error code NW-2-5.
So these are some methods to fix the Netflix Error NW-2-5 on your device.
Please let us know if you have closely followed all the methods and are still getting the same wrong. You will also be able to comment on your queries below.